Monday, June 22, 2009

my "living" room

I don't know about any of you, but I've always had this one dream about my house. To some (like BDO) it may seem a little
silly, but one day I'd like my living room to be clean. Is that too much to ask? I totally get that toys will be out and messes need to be made (and yes, more often than not, they do get cleaned up) but all I'm asking for is a small space where I could sit and chat with a friend or read a book and not have to see this...my living room doubling as a garage!!!




And then I am reminded about a story I once heard. (I will now attempt to paraphrase). A family had a small plot of land just outside the town they lived. His sons were in charge of milking the cows in the summer and the upkeep of the field. Their neighbour farmer came to the dad one day and told him all that was wrong with his farm- the fence wasn't fixed right, the grass a little long, etc. The dad replied
"It's a good thing I'm not raising cows. I'm raising boys"
So Bruce, even though I'd rather that you found a different spot to do your teaching, thank you for raising boys!
We do all kinds of "living" in our room!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Karyn said...

I know what you mean Amy. Our living room always has tools and stuff that belongs in a garage.

Antonia said...

It shouldn't be any other way! ;)

Jess said...

I'm sure Griff would say "why bother to put things away? All the easier access to them next time you need them". Yes... but what about access to my couch for sitting? :)

Wade said...

Sweet ride Bru!

I especially like the high-tech chain guard.

megan said...

I have a laundry basement, and you have a biker living room...yours is definitely cooler.

megan said...

I forgot to mention my favorite thing about this post...I get to see your couch. I have great memories of that couch.

blprice said...

Amy, feel free to come use my garage as a living room anytime.

Mrs. Matheny said...

Hey Ames! Still lovin' all your posts. You make me feel better about the state of my house/yard right now. It is a good thing that I am raising a baby and not plants :o)

Sorry I missed your birthday. We have been away a lot in the past month and I was thinking about you...just not when I was anywhere near a computer. I hope it was a great birthday :o)

Just sent you some recent pics of Ella on your email.