Sunday, June 14, 2009

another month's gone by...

holey moley... it's been a while, but good news...The Stewart's are still alive.
Unlike our American counterparts we are STILL in school until the 26th. So we're still field trippin', sports day attendin', hot lunch plannin', soccer playin'...you all get the drift.
I did a run yesterday here in Lethbridge. Ladiesfest is a 5 mile run open - you guessed it- to only women. You get a rose at the finish line...and chocolate! How could I resist. I suppose I could have kept my registration fee and just bought my own Bernard Callebaut, but then I'd just feel guilty. It was good.
Bruce and Owen each did a triathlon in Vulcan last week. For those Trekkies out there...actually I don't think anyone that reads this blog is a huge fan, but whatever...Vulcan has totally embraced the whole Spock thing. Google Vulcan Alberta and you can check it out. That said, both the guys did well at the tri, even if the weather was not in co-operation. (PS- I hear the new movie is awesome, it's on my list...any movie aficionados out there that want to comment?) Dean and I continue to believe we are the best support crew/cheerleaders EVER!!
We are really getting into summer mode. This past Wednesday night I let the boys stay up until 10pm...to watch WIPEOUT. It's a family fave. Bonding as we laugh at others' misfortunes and pains. Check it out sometime. I guarantee at least one outloud HAHA moment.
Well, it's late and I just wanted to say hi because... it's been a while, so

HI

4 comments:

Dashanne said...

I'm so glad your all still alive!!!!!!! We laugh so hard at wipeout too. I almost woke up the kids the other night oops!!!!!!!! As for startrek I have only heard good reviews too but I still dont think I will put it on my list let me know if you think I should??? Hopefully you blog again before we see you (no pressure)!!!!!!!!!

Kinsey said...

HAHA! You must have read my post and felt guilty. So that's what it takes to get you to blog...! Nice to hear the update that everyone is still alive and kickin'! Amy- you must have recovered if you're out doing 5 milers! Enjoy the last few weeks of school boys. We too LOVE wipeout! Maybe a wipeout night is in order when we come visit! Oh- and I hear Star trek is AWESOME! Maybe next time you're in Vulcan you can rent it!

megan said...

I'm so glad that you are all alive and kicking (and running, and swimming, and biking, etc. etc.) I have a great story to tell you about Sophie's B-Day. Maybe I'll call you right now! I just read Kinsey's comment and saw that she said the same thing I did! I promise, I did not copy. Love you all!

Unknown said...

Amy - I have friends who do the Vulcan Tri ... I was out of the province, but wasn't there snow?? Glad you have hit the running scene with such enthusism! Just wondering - will you be in town the weekend of your birthday? I'm coming down for the dragonboat festival. Would be wonderful to see you again! Let me know:
elliotmichelle@gmail.com
Enjoy the official start of summer!!