Saturday, June 20, 2009

just me and my ipod

Saturday morning's 8 miler was a beaut! A little breeze, sunshine and open road. The idea of socializing with the girls is my main motivating factor in rolling out of bed on run days. But today, the other 2 girls wanted a challenge.

Ugggh!

Didn't someone famous once say "Showing up is half the battle"? That is my philosophy, anyway.

I was not feeling so adventuresome and thought I'd stick to road running while they chose to run in the coulees. (I would be so happy if just one person who reads this blog does not know what a coulee is and has to google it. However, I know my following is small, and most of you are from here! I just think it is a great word.)

Luckily,I brought my music because I kind of figured today I would be a loner. Or aloner, as it were.

We've got a wide variety of music on that ipod, but the tempo (is that the correct musical terminology?) of a song by the Killers was working for my speed that day. Whenever I hear that song, I think of this snippet- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ae3tFI8wXE
Who doesn't love Nike commercials?

2 comments:

Wade said...

My favorite, uh... (sorry) favourite thing about that song is that it is about reconciling his Mormon upbringing with a Rock & Roll lifestyle.

Check out this article from 2006 in the UK magazine The Observer.

megan said...

So, I came on to post about what the song is about...and my husband had already done it! He totally stole my thunder.
We love, love, love that song.
And, we love, love, love you!