Saturday, April 25, 2009

Why I run

Good Saturday morning, everyone!
I just got back from a morning run. It sure feels good to be out there with my running girls - it's an entire body, mind, and spirit workout.
I appreciate the life lessons we share as we're pounding the pavement. Bru asked what the "topic du jour" was. We talk about anything and everything, but here's a little sample:
technology (specifically, texting. Yes, I am a text virgin)
musings on motherhood (the good, the bad, and the downright hilarious)
aging parents
body image in the media and in our mirrors
FOOD (it's a chicken/egg thing- do we run because we love to eat or do we eat so we can run? We've decided it's a little of both)
our spouses --and 99.3% of the time it's in a positive light ;)
books we're reading
books we want to read (but maybe the movie will have to do)
the best products to get blood/grass/vomit (you get the pic) out of _fill in the blank_.
I really could go on and on.
Now you see why we are long distance runners- we have to be to cover all that!

If you ever get the urge to join us, come on out. The more the merrier.
If not, that's fine, too. Just find something that you love doing and take a little time to do it every day.
Watch this www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhLlnq5yY7k and you'll know what I mean.

Have a SUPER Saturday.

7 comments:

Mrs. Matheny said...

Way to go Amy! You are inspiring me to get back to running soon. Too bad we live so far apart...I'd love to run and catch up with you!

Jess said...

Okay, you even made ME want to get out the sneakers and hit the pavement. How can you make exercize sound so great? Like girls night out but minus the sitting around eating cheesecake? HOW IS THAT FUN?!!!
Oh- I love the new blog look!

Unknown said...

Nicely said Amy - one of the biggest pieces of running that I miss. Delighted you have found your joy and connection!

Dashanne said...

I'm totally a text virgin too & I'm proud of it!!!!!!! I wish I was a long distance runner. My max is 5 mins. I wish we lived closer & you could teach me or motivate me!!!!!!!!

Kinsey and Dustin said...

I forgot to write after I read your post last week. Beautiful- and well put. I will never question your sanity ( that is for being a long distance runner) ever again. Enjoy your early morning 10 miler! I'll be dreaming about you (I would say thinking, but lets face it, I'll still be sleeping!)Love you- you little motivator you!

Kinsey and Dustin said...

May came and went with not a single post from the stew crew...it was a sad month...jk...kind of...

Kinsey said...

Nearing on 2 months bru stew crew...(this post was for Bruce, because apparently he's the one who checks it "what a new post..? We haven't blogged in ages...who would comment now...oh, it's just Kinsey...again!"). But seriously- I don't buy celebrity gossip magazines- Your blog is the next best thing! Update already!Or whatever- we'll see you in a week. I hope you get this...haha!