Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Road Runners

The morning of the Lethbridge 10-4 roadrace started off kind of on the cool side, but the weather heated up once the gun went off. I ran the 10miler while the boys ran the 4.

We'll spare you the pics of the actual event...the after shots are so much nicer. I ran a 1:50, Dean came 4th in his age category in 48:16 while Owen came 3rd in 37:21. Bruce ran a respectable 25:35, good enough for 2nd in his age category while Grandma showed us all up and did the 10 in 1:27, coming in 1st. Some nice hardware, eh? If it sounds like we're bragging, well... we kind of are, but don't you think we earned it?

It was the 36th year of this race. It has gone through many course changes. Bruce and his sister ran the 10miler when he was 8 years old. Och now has a goal of doing it next year...he'll be 7!!

My boys...so proud of 'em!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Kinsey and Dustin said...

Nice work everyone!!! Those are some very impressive times! I like the boys in white- and Amy I like what you pulled together. Is it new...or did you have these cute running clothes laying around the house? Well done Stewarts! On to the next race! We love all 4 of you! Love the 3 (and 5/9ths)of us! (That made me laugh!)

Karyn said...

wow, congratulations you guys.
Great job!

Jess said...

Whoa!!! You guys are impressive. Seriously! Hey, and about the blog as a journal thing... maybe this will encourage you - I actually had my blog printed into a 8 by 11 hardcover book for last years entries. So this actually is how I'm journalling for our family! We miss you guys. I sent Mia's baby announcements with my mom, so she'll probably bring them by sometime!

Dashanne said...

Wow you guys are awesome!!!!!! OK I already new that before the race but seriously way to go Stewart's!!!!!!!!

Lori B said...

Way to go, Stew Crew! (I realize my comments are a little behind, but my excuse for missing out on the last couple of blogs is that my computer died, and while trying to decide if it's better to give up on it and buy a Mac, I just haven't done anything about it, and only have access from work and just this morning thought I'd try and remember the blog address...which I did..so yay me). So...awesome time on the run Amy! And the boys did great, too. So fun to be able to keep track of you! Happy running!