Wednesday, February 25, 2009

run, run as fast as you can...

It is official. I have now become a Stewart.
Now, many of you thought that happened when I married Bruce nearly 14 years ago, but no. This morning at 6am I left the confines of dreamland and my nice, warm bed...turned on the computer, and...signed up for a roadrace!!
"Sounds crazy to me, with a capital C" was what I would have said before I was a runner. Now I am just really excited.
Melissa's Road Race is run in Banff and I am going to tie up my laces and be on the start line this September with some of my best friends. I'm a newbie to this race, but it's celebrating it's 30th Anniversary. Bruce will come and cheer me on. Now that he's into multi-sport events he doesn't have time in his training schedule to train for a 22K (13.67 miles for my American friends). I told him if I could do it, anyone could.
Gotta run..

9 comments:

megan said...

You are my idol. And, you are definitely one crazy Canadian. Thanks for the distance translation by the way. I believe that makes this another half marathon, am I right? What a monster!

Kinsey said...

Ames- you became a Stewart, what, like 4 years ago! You are a running machine! In fact... you're more Stewart than some of the original Stewarts! I'm going to make a list of "more Stewart" jokes- it reminds me of "yo mama" jokes. I getting a little carried away...anyway. I LOVE your sign off..."gotta run"! I hear you in my head saying this, and it makes me laugh! I'm very excited that you're so excited to do this. The thought of running any distance right now just doesn't do it for me. Who's running? All your 5:30 am buddies? Well- I love you...gotta go stuff my face!

Antonia said...

I'm so happy for you!!! You are totally going to love this race. It is so beautiful. I'll be thinking of you! You are awesome!!! Oh, and what a pretty blog.

Unknown said...

Well now Amy I am impressed. What saddens me though is that I needed to retire from running just as you are getting hard core into it! Melissa's is a great event - well done for making the commitment (and congrats on even getting through!!) Sounds like life is moving you in all sorts of directions you least expected. As it should be. Oh, and my dragonboat team is mulling over the idea of the Lethbridge festival this year - will keep you posted!!

Kinsey said...

Ames- use your sister psychic abilities to phone me- because my phone won't let me call you! Check this message....check this message...!!!

Dashanne said...

Wow good for you Amy!!!!!!!!!!! Love the new look of the blog!!!!!!!!

megan said...

So, I saw your comments on my blog today and thought to myself, "hey, maybe Amy has posted again. Yea!" But, no such luck. Here I am, putting a second comment on an old post. I need more Stewart info! This is all I have! Don't leave me hanging this long! More! More! More!....Please (imagine me saying that in a very pathetic, slightly begging voice)
Love you!

Lori B said...

I agree with Megan...it's been WAY TOO LONG since we had a Stewart family update. I'm expecting a monster blog any day now...right? Please?

Kinsey and Dustin said...

5 weeks Ames....5 weeks. Post SOMETHING already- it doesn't even have to be interesting- just post something!