Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Ochi

For the LOVE! I have been at this computer longer than I care to say and I CANNOT cut the double pic out of this post. So, the 3 of you who may see this, please cut me some slack. Yesterday at the boys school they held the monthly Recognition Assembly. By the end of the year each child will have been acknowledged for some kind of achievement- personal, academic, sport, service, etc. It's a neat opportunity. So, Owen's teacher called us on Tuesday to say he'd be recognized this month. We are so proud of him.

Here's a clip. Mr. Wilson, the principal, says what his teacher wrote on Owen's certificate ,"Owen is doing some amazing writing these days and he continues to be a tough one to fool with most math questions".
My certificate would read, "Amy has never used her camera to record anything (obviously), but she tries" (not entirely successful, but you all know me- I lack a technology gene!)

I'm signing out ...time to watch The Office.







5 comments:

Jess said...

Congrats Owen! And congrats Amy on finally using your camera for video!!! We look forward to many more future clips.... Feel free to post a clip of anything, say, even The Office! (We are so jealous, we don't get it on our tv)

Lori B said...

Just think of the double picture as "double the pleasure", and "double the pride" (you might have to do a double picture of Dean, too, though to keep the balance). So glad you started a blog so I can keep up with you. Guess I should return the favour, eh? Someday.

megan said...

Way to go Ochi!! I have to say, as an American, my favorite part is the Principal's accent. I love Canada! Here's why...the have nanaimo bars at the supermarket, you can buy nibs licorice ropes (not just little nibbles), and they have the Stewarts!
love you all!

megan said...

So, I just noticed that there is a lovely type-o in my post and I, like you, am technologically impaired and have no idea how to change it. Your two photos and my type-o...we are meant to be!

Kinsey and Dustin said...

CUTE. How is it that I missed seeing this post. Amy- you are becoming a blogging machine...I love it!