Saturday, January 3, 2009

missing: one family

It's Saturday and I am embarrassed to admit how many hours (yes, hours) I have just spent blog surfing. (Is that the correct term?) Holy cow, I never knew the fun I was missing peeping into others' lives! I found so many people from my past...what a nostalgic trip! So neat to see where people are located, their family life, etc. all from the comfort of my computer chair. A tad one-sided for me, though as I like to talk (if you think otherwise check out my monthly phone bill!)
I realize that my boys have not come looking for me. I guess they are contentedly playing Lego Star Wars (their fave Wii game du jour). I got a morning hug, but that is the last I've seen of them. I am beginning to wonder how long this could go on for...
Bruce and I just started reading "Last Child in the Woods: Saving our Children from Nature Deficit Disorder" A qoute from a 4th grader says it all " I like to play indoors better 'cause that's where all the electrical outlets are"
I think it is time to UNPLUG and go have a snowball fight! Here's hoping that you have a great day doing something you love outdoors

3 comments:

Jess said...

Okay, this book sounds awesome! I'm going to have to look it up! A snowball fight actually sounds so fun right now!!! Awwwwww! I guess we could throw soggy leaves at each other.... that really doesn't sound as fun does it.
Jess

Kinsey and Dustin said...

Too funny!Oh yes...it is I. I know I didn't say anything this morning about my recent blogging adventures (I didn't want to steal your thunder). Anyway- I miss you!

megan said...

Again, pictures of Dean are just too much! Owen (like Sophie) will always be Owen. But Dean! He's like a grown man! I hope you're a little warmer...
Happy New Year!