Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesdays with "Morrie"

Ever read this book? I love it.  I love a good human interest story. I love learning from other people's experiences, fictional or not. I think he's a good storyteller.
I wish I could be a better storyteller.
(If you enjoyed Morrie, I suggest the 5 people you meet in heaven. That is, if you're looking for a good, quick read.)
But I digress...

Every Tuesday for the past few months I have the great opportunity to help out some family members. Like Mitch, I am learning that when you give, sometimes you receive even more.
I get to help my SIL and her girl(s). I am reminded of the quote "Babies are such a nice way to start people." She is the most charming little girl! I get to spend time with them in their home. I see that time stands still for no one and life must go on. I recognize the beauty in motherhood and its sometimes mundane tasks. I see what really matters most.
I get to spend almost 2 hours in the car. By myself. That's a long time to be alone, for me anyways. I have become acquainted with a master Canadian storyteller (thanks Dave and Karri), bought the CD 4pack at Costco and have listened and laughed for hours along the highway. I pondered some spiritual enlightenment from the always entertaining John Bytheway. I have listened to some really great music that really moves me. (No Gaga, it's not yours.)


Tonight I am just feeling like even though I can't be everything or do everything,  I can do something for someone.
I'm grateful for Tuesdays.

1 comment:

finchesnest said...

On the contrary, you ARE a wonderful storyteller. I love your reminder of the "beauty in motherhood and its sometimes mundane tasks." On days that I feel like an unappreciated slave, I try (key word there is TRY) to remember that what I do is important and someday I will miss it and want these days back. Thanks for your fun messages... they brighten my day!