Monday, February 22, 2010

the "good" mom

Tonight I let the boys stay up waaaaaaaay too late, all in the name of patriotism. That and the fact that it was ICE DANCE that they wanted to watch. Of all winter sports, I have never heard my children say "I wanna do that". But tonight, they were riveted by the entire spectacle. Maybe since our national sport is being taken over (thanks America) we've got to keep our eyes open to new things...There's always curling.
If anyone out there thinks I am making fun of these sports, know that I have the utmost respect for each activity and its players.
I hope I'm not alienating/boring anyone out there. Believe me, when the Games are over I'll quietly go back to posting once every couple of months :)

6 comments:

ABDO said...

The irony that the "Canadian" commercial was made by a mega American company wasn't lost on me. They've got me right where they want me!!

Kinsey said...

You're a blogging machine...and I love it! How does Bruce feel about the boys doing ice dancing...?!?

Lori B said...

I think you should keep up the blogging pace you have going right now. More is better!

Antonia said...

hey that's what i was doing last night, hence the no show this am...i love that the boys joined in watching canada rock the gold!!! i was thinking that we should have had this week off, so our kids could truly appreciate our canadian heritage...or just so we wouldn't have to go back to early runs.

Antonia said...

oh and i forgot, don't stop, i love it!

finchesnest said...

Remember when Canada's hockey team beat the US to take home the gold here in Salt Lake in 2002? Well, come to find out, the Canadian company that was hired to put the ice in the E Center venue buried a loonie in the ice - right in the center of the court. (Is it called a court? No, I got it ... it's a RINK! Us Americans are dumb when it comes to Hockey).
Anyway, it was jinxed! And when we won you guys in hockey, my thought was, "I wonder what's buried in the ice this time!"