Monday, April 11, 2011

Head Smashed In

If you are not familiar with this place, then the title of this post may sound scary. FYI: No one was injured in the making of this post.




Perhaps if you have taken grade 4 or 5 social studies you would enjoy this place: Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump. Unless you didn't like Canadian history, which I totally understand. (I am trying to endure it better the second time around)
I was lucky enough to go with the boy's Cub group this past weekend. We had our own tour guides. Stan and Little Leaf were great and sure taught us ALOT. The picture above shows several items made from buffalo- the primary source of everything for the natives from these parts -and by these parts, I mean the Plains region of Canada from 11,000 years ago to as recent as 200 years ago.
Don't I sound like a socials textbook?

No comments: