Thursday, April 14, 2011

deja vu

Happy Anniversary, Alberta!
It has been one year ago exactly since i wrote about this. Well, it happened again!
Global warming really?!? I know "they" call it climate change now. I call all this ridiculous.
As the snow started dropping like pound cake from the sky, I thought to myself, "Could it be the beginning of Snow Day 2011?" Unlike last year, we have power -much to the chagrin of the boys- and there is school. Check out the pictures I took after my run. That's right...4 crazy girls showed up to run in this! It was tricky in spots, but beautiful. We saw toppled over trees, said "good morning" to several shovellers and even helped push a car along its way.



Thick, wet heavy snow: perfect for snowmen and snowballs. I may have to keep the boys home.

Ironic side note: Bruce just made the comment that the state of California has more hockey teams in the playoffs than our entire country. Ouch.

3 comments:

dkstewfam said...

You really should be a writer when you grow up! You are so crafty! That was a FUN morning! Wouldn't have done it with out you! I too presented the option of playing hooky today - but making snowmen at school won out. That makes me smile. :) Great photos, by the way. Maybe photography is in your future too....

Brian and Emily said...

Couldn't believe that crazy weather either, and you went running in it? You are simply amazing Amy! It was good to catch up with you the other day, I will try to send that book soon!

finchesnest said...

Okay, you're making me feel like a baby. You run in that stuff on purpose?! I hope to someday achieve the "Amy Stewart" level of fitness. Can't hurt to dream ....