Monday, February 14, 2011

what's on your list?



Ever had one of those days were you just wanted to play hooky from life?
You know, put your responsibilities aside, stay in your pjs and just read a book (or watch a movie or whatever...) I forget kids probably have days like that too.
Maybe today was Dean's.
He stayed home this morning due to a stomache ache (those words look funny together).
I don't think he was lying. He had been up in the night. I slept through that. Apparently the mothering - supersonic hearing ability has left my body . Luckily, he has a dad.
He slept a bit, but mostly quietly rested the morning away.
I saw this kid's bucket list. It's full of slightly nostalgic ideas: some character building ones, others just for fun.
Dean can check off #14. Sorta. I was busy doing dishes and laundry and making dinner and phone calls. My bad! Next time we'll coordinate our hooky day!

3 comments:

dkstewfam said...

We all need days like that! Hope you're feeling better, Dean. Happy Valentine's Day!

ABDO said...

mom-i WAS sick
dean

Kinsey and Dustin said...

Geez Mom, stomach aches are real...ok?! Maybe next time he's sick, you should watch Ferris Bueller's Day Off with him...now that's a hooky day:)