Wednesday, February 16, 2011

iWon a what?

This past Saturday I went to our new bank. They were celebrating their 2nd Anniversary. I only went because my brother happens to work there. That, and there was free cake and juice- and it was tasty! There was a draw prize, but you had to be 18 so the boys were a bit put out that they couldn't put their name in.
But our day carried on, and no one thought any more about it.
Then I got a call on Tuesday at work saying I won the grand prize.
Ridiculous.
Then I had a plan. A right awesome plan. I would hide my prize and give it to Bruce for his birthday. "I am so devious" I thought as my nurse-friend and I schemed how it would all play out.
Fast forward a few hours.
Bruce calls me and says "I heard a rumour that you won something. "
Me: dead silence.
How did this happen? My plans now foiled all I could say was "Are you kidding? How do you know?"
A simple answer really- two of our new banker friends went over to the physio clinic to check it out and spilled the beans!
Happy Early Birthday, Bruce.




6 comments:

Kinsey said...

SHUT. UP!!!! That is so unbelievably awesome!!! Looks like the Stewarts should enter more contests, first a trampoline, and now an Ipad! Happy Birthday to you Bruce Stewart!

finchesnest said...

You lucky dog!!

Karyn said...

thats awesome. How long does Bruce have to wait for his birthday before he gets it?

Brian and Emily said...

AMAZING, Amy! What a lucky girl you are! I bet that was a nice surprise! I bet Bruce is pretty happy to have such a generous wife! He is one lucky MAN!

Heather said...

Wow.....how cool!!!!

Heather said...

are you kidding! how did I not hear this?! that's awesome. I'm with Kinsey on this one... you really should enter more contests!