Tuesday, January 25, 2011

a dad's second childhood

So...we're making cub cars.
...need I say more?

And this year there's 2 to do!!

Thankfully the boys have great leaders who have been very helpful.
I just don't get it.
Perhaps it's because Bruce and I are less than capable when it comes to power tools-we've never really tried, actually. There's even a movie about a pinewood derby. It's a bit over the top- atleast I thought it was.
But the zeal with which I see people talk about axle positions, proper weighting, paint jobs...well, now I'm not so sure.
Seriously...
it blows my mind.

Pictures to come once the cars are complete- we wouldn't want to give the competition an edge.

5 comments:

Kinsey and Dustin said...

I had no idea how serious it all was until we moved here. Good luck...to all of you...you sound like you might need it. Eden was thinking maybe you could call up Handy Manny and the tools. Tell him to bring Kelly too, she always has just what they need.

dkstewfam said...

Have fun making them guys. Good luck with all of it.Owen, Hannah says 'I hope that your first cub car turns out well.' Miss you guys, can't wait to see you or the finished cub cars.

Mama Deb said...

We laugh at the seriousness!!!! Artistic creativity.......that's another story. We'll post ours soon too. Only one cub car this year for us. A bit sad.

finchesnest said...

We get out of the cub car this year -- yahoo! I have a 4 month break between boys in cubs and I timed it just right!

Good luck - hopefully you'll have fun in the process! :)

megan said...

I'm so grateful we don't have boys. Pinewood derbies would put me over the edge.