Friday, December 3, 2010

our pre-Christmas gift

Sadly, another post without pictures as we forgot the camera...
On Monday Nov 22 it was FREEZING cold in the Great White North (here) and the lesser known, not- so- great White North (Great Falls, Mt). We had a decision to make: Go through with our plans to travel and see this man in concert or not. We braved the poor driving conditions and travel advisories and did it! Just me and the kiddos. We had a great time. As soon as we got to town we shopped thisfast and gathered up some truly American treats (read: candy, yogurt and Bath/Bodyworks). Ochi said he only wanted to come if we could go to Target. A boy after my own heart. Dean "loved it all", my boy of few (but sincere) words! The concert was held in a charming reno'd theatre. We were not a very interactive crowd, but everyone there had a great time.
Some of the songs he played were this, this and of course this ...we have TONS more new faves. Ask the boys. We're liking North Pole Express right now....'tis the season!
3 Concert Tickets= $22
4 New CDs= $40
Dinner, shopping, hotel, gas,more shopping=more than I'll admit!
Spending Time with my boys (doing something cultural that WASN'T a sporting event)=priceless
I can't wait to do it again. Maybe next time Bru can come.

5 comments:

finchesnest said...

I'm so glad you got to go. I'm a pretty big fan myself. I loved talking with you the other day. You're so great to always remember me on my birthday. You know I expect it now, so you can't stop!:) The Price's are treasured cousins to my family. I hope you all have a wonderful month celebrating the Christmas season.
Love Cynthia

Brian and Emily said...

Oh my goodness, I have been wanting to take Will to John Schmidt for so long!!! What a fun adventure together. Was it in Utah? So fun! IF you do it again I am definitely going to tag along with Will! If you'll have us of course!!

jacksonfamiliatwins said...

My boys have always wanted to do that! We LOVE the Polar Express around here. Sounds like so much fun. Happy Holidays~

jacksonfamiliatwins said...

Hi again,

Can I get your address when you have a sec, to send you guys a Christmas card? Thanks~
jacksonpt@cox.net

Mama Deb said...

Glad you had so much fun and thanks for the treats!!