Tuesday, May 25, 2010

practicing piano

Ahhhhhh.....it's the season for finales.
On tv (I'm so glad I didn't get attached to Lost), at school, and...for music lessons! The boys haven't always practiced their lessons, nor are they prodigies. But they like their teacher and are content about the upcoming year end recital. When they get angry (sometimes) and pouty (often) about practicing, they watch this and then they get inspired!
And I'm grateful for that.
Because really...what's the point of having a piano if no one in the house can play it?

4 comments:

megan said...

This is one of our favorite videos! It has turned the girls into huge Coldplay fans (we were already Taylor Swift fans!) Emma is determined to play a little Coldplay in her next recital. Tell the boys that guys who play the piano are hot! They might not care now, but they will in a couple of years...

Brian and Emily said...

We too, love Jon Schmidt, he is so INSPIRATIONAL!!! Good for you, keep motivating them Amy, I feel the same way about the pouting and complaining and then I watch Will and Maddi play for family and they love that they can share that talent. I just wish I wouldn't have been a fourth year drop out! It was so good to see you and Bruce the other night, you guys are awesome!

finchesnest said...

LOVE IT!! This is the song I have on my blog. Dan and I went to a Jon Schmidt concert a few years ago. He is so funny - a great entertainer besides being amazingly talented. As a piano teacher, too, I've loved playing his songs. My older boy students have loved his music, too. He makes piano "Cool".

Love, Cynthia
p.s. We'd love you guys to plan a trip down here! - You always have a place to stay :) We'll keep you for 6 weeks or longer - whatever you want. We love you and your family!

Karyn said...

I know what you mean about what's the point of having a piano if no one plays it. I want to get Sierra started playing so that we can put ours to use instead of a dust collector.