Tuesday, December 8, 2009

baby, it's cold outside

my fingers are stiff and cold and barely working, but i just had to tell you...we're FREEZING here!!! (Sorry to those of you who may be thinking of vacationing/moving here... you know who you are!) Can I just say when the weatherman woke me up this morning and said "It's a frigid -38 degrees Celsius, and with the windchill it feels like -50" I wanted to throw the blankets over my head and settle in for a long winter's nap!! They say it's gonna get warmer, but we'll see about that. Don't get me wrong. I'm a seasoned veteran of cold Canadian winters, but this is a bit ridiculous.
So, to brighten my day I am having a little giveaway. (I've never done one of these, nor entered a blog giveaway, so this should be fun) Whoever comments with the correct answer to my question will get a surprise from me in the mail (it'll be worth it, I promise) In your answer, you must name the movie and who said this quote..
"Welcome to the Himalayas"
Stay warm....
abdo

8 comments:

ABDO said...

just to clarify, the rule should state "whoever comments FIRST with the correct answer..."

Kinsey and Dustin said...

WAHOO!! I KNOW THIS!!! It's from Monsters Inc! The abominable snowman..."can you believe that, abominable...I mean why can't they call me the adorable no, or the agreeable snowman!" We love that movie around here!

Kinsey and Dustin said...

So to clarify:
What is...Monster's Inc...quote by the Abominable snowman...final answer.

"Wasteland...I think you mean WONDERLAND!"- I put that in for you to remember as you go throughout your freezing day tomorrow

Karyn said...

Kyle and I decided it was Monsters Inc. too. But that was before I looked at the comments and realized it was already posted, lol.

Jess said...

Well, it's a good thing Kinsey posted first because I had NO idea what movie it was from!! And I really want to go back to bed after reading your post. All this packing and THATS what I have to look forward to. Yuck! Oh well. My sister continually reminds me that with family near by at least our hearts will be warm! But sometimes I think I'd rather my feet warm. By any chance was the surprise in the mail electric socks?

Antonia said...

hey your the first comment, and Kinsey shouldn't count, your probably going to send her something anyways :) being your sister and all. But good job! Love ya friend!

Kinsey said...

You'd think so Antonia, but no.
JK, JK. To anyone reading this, I know saying JK is so 2000, I only do it for Bruce:)...jk

ABDO said...

well done kins...it's coming in the mail tomorrow! i'm sure all you readers (all 4 of you!!haha)knew that one. Thanks for playing and for helping break the bordom of the cold!