Wednesday, January 27, 2010

in a rut

okay fellow bloggers, I can tell from the lack of new posts that either:
1. we all have such amazing busy lives and no time to post about them (in all honesty, I believe this is the answer) or...
2. we all have the winter blahs...
I have been thinking about why I can't think of anything profound or witty to write about. (Because I know that if you want a profound or witty read you all flock to hear what I have to say! haha)
For Christmas, we got the neatest little gift from a dear aunt and uncle. It is a little tile with vinyl lettering. It asks us, "What have you done for someone today?" So each night, before the boys hit the hay, we ask this question and get to hear all the great responses. We try to make it an "out of the ordinary" action. Sometimes, it's just good enough to hear (fill in the name of one of my boys) say "I was nice to (fill in opposite boy's name)"
It's a good reminder that while I know I can't fix all the world's troubles, I can do something for someone.

3 comments:

finchesnest said...

Thanks Amy! I'm gonna give that a try. So simple, yet brilliant!
Wish us luck :)
-Cynthia

Kinsey said...

Good post Ames! After reading it, Eden and I decided to make cookies for Dustin's study group. Dus said they were a huge hit! It made us feel happy knowing that we made others feel happy- win win!

Jess said...

I love your boys! They are so sweet. I'm definately starting to feel the winter blahs. Went for a 'walk' today. It's really hard to push a stroller through snow drifts! Ha. And we don't even have much snow! Oh, well, it was nice to get out, even for just half an hour.